Relative clause vs Noun clause


Relative Clause

- When there are two or more sentences and we want to join them, or give more information about something we use relative clauses

Difining Relative Clause

- It tell us which noun we are talking about and use "who" "which" or "that"

eg.  The girl is my cousin. She works in the hospital.

         The girl who works in the hospital is my cousin.

Non-Difiniing Relative Clause

- It tell us extra information and  use "who" "which" "when" "where" "whose" or "why" etc...

eg. My brother Sho is a university student. He lives in Tokyo.

      My brother Sho, who lives in Tokyo, is a university  student.



Noun Clause

- It is dependent clauses that perform the same functions that regular nouns do. It begin with "that" "question words" "whether" or "if"

 eg. I'm not sure whether this is funny or not.

- It can be subljects, objects, subjects complements, or adjective complements.

 eg. What's painful in the coffee. (What's painful = Subject)

       I don't understand why he doesn't hang up. (Why he doesn't hang up = Object)








コメント

人気の投稿